Saddle soap is one of the most popular products for equestrians. The versatility of this product allows it to serve several uses. They typically come in a variety of shapes, sizes, and colors, as well as being made of different materials — from natural ingredients to synthetic. They’re also nice to use for regular cleaning of your tack, bridles, and other leather goods.
The problem is, not all saddle soaps are created equal. In fact, some saddle soaps can do more damage than good to your saddle. This means you have to be careful which is why we’ve put together this list of the top five best saddle soaps so you can remove any guess-work from your next purchase.
- Fiebing’s Saddle Soap is the best value for your money.
- Fiebing’s Saddle Soap – Best for Preserving the Leather.
- Kiwi Saddle Soap – Best for Cleaning Dirt & Grime.
- Bickmore Saddle Soap Plus – Best for All Leather Items.
- Farnam Leather New Easy-Polishing Glycerine Saddle Soap – Best for Convenient Spray Applicator.
- Sof Sole Leather Conditioner Saddle Soap – Best for Pleasant Smell.
Our Top Overall Pick
- Fiebing’s Saddle Soap is our pick based on value, utility and durability.
|Fiebing's Saddle Soap||Check Price|
|Kiwi Saddle Soap||Check Price|
|Bickmore Saddle Soap Plus||Check Price|
|Farnam Leather New Easy-Polishing Glycerine Saddle Soap||Check Price|
|Sof Sole Leather Conditioner Saddle Soap||Check Price|
Top 5 Best Saddle Soap
1. Fiebing’s Saddle Soap – Best for Preserving the Leather
Fiebing’s leather conditioning is a great product for anyone who works with leather. It’s a great multipurpose product that cleans leather and lubricates the fibers to prevent brittleness and maintain suppleness and strength. It’s been used all over the world on fine saddlery, boots, shoes and other smooth leather articles.
This is an all-natural leather conditioner that will condition and moisturize your leather. It works well on all leather, including all black harness and tack. It also works well on boots, shoes, luggage, even purses and wallets.
The Leather Protector is designed to protect leather and working surfaces from damage and will help prolong the life of your leather goods. It works by displacing moisture from the leather, keeping it soft and pliable, preventing dryness and cracking.
2. Kiwi Saddle Soap – Best for Cleaning Dirt & Grime
- Price: Check Price
Kiwi Saddle Soap is made to bring out the luxuriousness in your leather furniture. It cleans, softens and preserves your leather, and it leaves it beautifully supple and smooth. Kiwi Saddle Soap was created using a traditional blend of ingredients, which cleans, softens and preserves smooth leather.
It comes in a 3-1/8 oz tin and contains a quality wax for added protection.
3. Bickmore Saddle Soap Plus – Best for All Leather Items
Bickmore Saddle Soap comes in a 20 oz. bottle and is made with lanolin and neatsfoot oil. Lanolin is a natural wax that gets its water resistance from being exposed to water and sunshine. Neatsfoot oil is a natural wax that gets its water resistance from being exposed to water and sunshine.
While this is a great cleaning product for horse tack, but it’s also useful for cleaning other leather products as well. It can also be used as a cleaner on other surfaces such as leather boots, shoes, and baseball gloves.
This saddle soap removes dirt, grime, and salt stains, and softens and preserves leather. Bickmore Saddle Soap is made in the USA and is made with natural ingredients that are safe for wash and use on most leather items.
4. Farnam Leather New Easy-Polishing Glycerine Saddle Soap – Best for Convenient Spray Applicator
Easy-Polishing Glycerine Saddle Soap is a great new saddle soap for professional riders looking to keep their tack looking like new. Easy-Polishing Glycerine Saddle Soap is a self-polishing saddle soap that cleans, softens and shines your leather in one easy step.
Using a saddle soap really makes cleaning your tack a breeze. It’s easy to use and it doesn’t leave any residue. It’s also safe to use on all types of leather, including the ones that are very delicate and prone to getting dirty.
While it was originally created to clean tack, it’s so good at cleaning leather and polishing that it’s become the go-to saddle soap for many riders, trainers and farriers.
5. Sof Sole Leather Conditioner Saddle Soap – Best for Pleasant Smell
Sof Sole Leather Conditioner Saddle Soap is designed to nourish and preserve all smooth leather. The natural ingredients, like the rest of our Sof Sole line, are made with as little man-made chemicals as possible. It’s designed to work with any kind of leather footwear – shoes and boots, gloves and baseball mitts – so you don’t have to worry about it damaging the finish or staining the leather. Just apply it before putting on your leather item and wipe off excess with a cloth afterwards. No soaking necessary!
The texture is soft, creamy horse-based soap that will not only clean your leathers but will also keep them supple and protected from the elements.
To use, just wet your leather item and rub it gently into the leather until it’s evenly saturated. It will leave a deep rich lather that won’t fade for quite some time. For best results, let the soap sit on the leather for at least 30 minutes before cleaning.
- It should be able to clean the saddle, bridle, and bit.
- It should be able to remove dirt, grime, and blemishes on the leather.
- It should not be harsh on the skin, or harsh on the saddle.
- Look for a saddle soap that is unscented.
- Stick to a brand that has been around for a long time.
- Purchase a saddle soap that was made in the US/UK.
What are the different types of saddle soap?Saddle soaps are a great way to clean your saddle, your boots, and other assorted tack. There are a few kinds of saddle soaps, but the main types are:
- Saddle soap for riding in the show ring. It’s formulated to remove dirt, sweat, and oils from the horse’s coat after the ride.
- Saddle soap for use after the ride. Saddle soap is a great alternative to more traditional soaps. Saddle soap is made of mineral oil, glycerin, and oils that give it a natural smell. The glycerin in saddle soap helps to keep your skin feeling soft and smooth and it’s great for people with dry skin.
What are some of the advantages of using saddle soap?Saddle soap is great for cleaning all those hard to reach crevices in your saddle. It’s multi-purpose and can be used on upper body leathers, bridle, and tack. Saddle soap is a great alternative to saddle soap wipes. The advantages depends on the type of saddle you’re cleaning. In general, you’ll use a tougher soap for dirty or heavily soiled saddles and a softer soap for more delicate or lightly soiled saddles. Saddle soap is made from a blend of almond, olive, coconut, and palm oils. It has a great lather that leaves your skin feeling soft and conditioned. Saddle soap is also great for washing your hair and is great for de-tangling your hair because the ingredients in saddle soap are gentle enough for the hair.
Why do I need saddle soap?Saddle soap is a great way to clean your saddle and after using it, your saddle will smell nice and fresh. Saddle soap is also great to keep your saddle clean and prevent it from cracking or drying out.
Saddle soap is a great way to clean a saddle and get rid of any old or harmful oils and bacteria that may have been absorbed by the leather. Saddle soaps are perfect for cleaning saddles, but also can be used on any other leather surfaces.