Every horse owner will at some point be faced with a need to corral a horse in a safe and secure manner. Portable horse corrals can be purchased, but many of the designs can be prohibitively expensive.
There are many things to consider when you’re searching for the best portable horse corrals. You may be looking for a horse enclosure that will fit your budget, yet keep your horse safe and secure while travelling. There are many types of portable horse corrals available on the market, so we’ve reviewed the top five to help you choose the product that is right for your needs.
- Tough 1 Two Horse No Knot Picket Line Kit is the best value for your money.
- Tough-1 Picket Line Kit – Best for Storing & Transporting.
- Starkline Electric Horse Netting – Best for Electric Netting.
- Premier QuikFence Horse Electric Netting Fence – Best for Rotational Grazing.
- Tough 1 Two Horse No Knot Picket Line Kit – Best Durability.
- The HiTie Trailer Tie System – Best for Camping.
Our Top Overall Pick
- Tough-1 Picket Line Kit is our pick based on value, utility and durability.
|Tough-1 Picket Line Kit||Check Price|
|Starkline Electric Horse Netting||Check Price|
|Premier QuikFence Horse Electric Netting Fence||Check Price|
|Tough 1 Two Horse No Knot Picket Line Kit||Check Price|
|The HiTie Trailer Tie System||Check Price|
Top 5 Best Portable Horse Corrals
1. Tough-1 Picket Line Kit – Best for Storing & Transporting
The Tough-1 Picket Line Kit is the perfect accessory for trail rides, camping, and other activities where you might need to secure your horses for any period of time. The kit includes a 100′ long 3/8″ nylon rope, 2 tree saver straps, 4 swivel No-Knot picket line ties and easy to follow instructions that will allow you to safely secure your horse.
This is a no knot kit that allows you to secure your horse where there are no hitching rails and comes with a zippered nylon storage bag that makes storage and transport a breeze!
2. Starkline Electric Horse Netting – Best for Electric Netting
- Price: Check Price
Starkline Electric Horse Netting is a lightweight portable electric fence that is easy to set up and break down. This fencing is ideal for temporary use during trail rides, pasture rotation or show preparation.
The electric netting is made of sturdy, reinforced fiberglass posts with galvanized double-spiked stakes to provide rigid support in any environment. The mesh is composed of 4 conductive horizontal strands with reinforced plastic vertical struts that comes in one easy-to-carry roll that makes transporting very easy.
3. Premier QuikFence Horse Electric Netting Fence – Best for Rotational Grazing
Premier QuikFence Horse Corral is the ideal product for temporary corrals or trailer paddock at weekend shows or trail rides. It is also a safe and effective way to subdivide and semi-permanent boundary fences for rotational grazing in dry soils or reduced vegetation conditions. Keep in mind that the fence must be energized to be effective and an energizer is not included.
The 4 conductive horizontal strands and unique plastic verticals are designed to break if a horse challenges the fence (starts shorting out) and not be cut or punctured by riders’ hooves. It’s also ideal for subdivision and semi-permanent boundary fences for rotational grazing.
The exterior of the fence is constructed from a durable polypropylene material that resists abrasion and punctures. The mesh is made from 4 ft high by 6 in wide, strong nylon. It runs the full length of the wire providing a substantial and secure buffer zone between your horses and livestock.
4. Tough 1 Two Horse No Knot Picket Line Kit – Best Durability
The new Tough 1 Two Horse No Knot Picket Line Kit from Tough 1 is the perfect solution for trail riders and horse campers who want to ride with a second horse without the need for a hitching rail. Easy set up in two minutes, the no knot picket lines provide a secure tie-down point for your horses or other animals when you do not have a hitching rail available.
Tough 1 is a new fence system from horsemanship experts that puts you in complete control. The rope is 30 ft. long and the kit comes with 2 tree saver straps, 2 swivel no knot picket line ties, easy to follow set-up instructions and a zippered nylon storage bag.
The line is 3/8″ diameter and has a tensile strength of 130 pounds and is made from polypropylene material.
5. The HiTie Trailer Tie System – Best for Camping
The HiTie Trailer Tie System is designed to provide a comfortable and safe alternative to trailer tying and portable corrals that gives the horses free movement and access to an area equivalent of a 13′ diameter round pen. Heavy duty stainless steel high strength fiberglass construction safely secures your horse and stands up to the elements.
The HiTie is lightweight, strong, portable, durable and easy to assemble and leaves the horses free to graze, eat, drink, roll and lie down while being tied.
- Choose one that’s lightweight and easy to setup.
- If you plan on camping in the area, make sure the corral is strong enough to handle the weight of your horse.
- Consider a solution that is easy to assemble.
- The corral needs to be made from a durable material.
- You want to make sure that the corral is large enough for your horse to move around freely and to stay comfortable.
- Make sure the corral is rust resistant.
- Look for a corral that is made with quality materials.
- Look for a design that will be easy to set up and take down.