If you’re a horse owner, you probably spend a significant portion of your day on your horse. You may love them, but you also have to clean them, feed them and take care of any medical needs they might have. It’s a tough job, but if you want to ensure that they live long and healthy lives, you need to make sure that they can do it comfortably.
Finding the right horse boots for your horse is a huge decision for many horse owners. After all, you’re investing a significant amount of cash into your equine friend every time you buy them a new pair of shoes — and you want to get the best value for your buck.
So if you’re in the market for a new pair of horse boots, you’ve come to the right place! The purpose of this article is to educate you on the top five best knee boots for horses available on the market as well as their individual pros and cons. We’ll also compare them and give you the most up to date information about the quality, price, fit, ease of use and more.
- Intrepid International Neoprene Knee Boots is the best value for your money.
- Professionals Choice Equine Knee Boot – One Size Fits All.
- Classic Equine Knee Boot – Best Neoprene Material.
- Back on Track Therapeutic Knee Boots – Best for Injury Recovery & Prevention.
- Tough-1 Ice Therapy Knee/Hock Wrap – Best for Reducing Inflammation.
- Intrepid International Neoprene Knee Boots – Best for Breathability.
Our Top Overall Pick
- Professionals Choice Equine Knee Boot is our pick based on value, utility and durability.
|Professionals Choice Equine Knee Boot||Check Price|
|Classic Equine Knee Boot||Check Price|
|Back on Track Therapeutic Knee Boots||Check Price|
|Tough-1 Ice Therapy Knee/Hock Wrap||Check Price|
|Intrepid International Neoprene Knee Boots||Check Price|
Top 5 Best Knee Boots for Horses
1. Professionals Choice Equine Knee Boot – One Size Fits All
The Professionals Choice Equine Knee Boots are ideal for riding and turnout and are both quick-drying and breathable so the rider can move easily while staying warm and dry. It helps protect against injuries caused by knee-to-knee interference without all the added bulk.
Designed to fit over most common protection boots, these boots are available in single or double pairs. They are easy to slip over the horse’s leg and have an adjustable strap that fits securely around the leg.
2. Classic Equine Knee Boot – Best Neoprene Material
- Price: Check Price
Get the protective, comfortable look and feel of a real knee boot with the Classic Equine Knee Boot. These boots are both flexible and durable and feature hook-and-loop attachments for additional fit adjustment that protects the horse’s leg from pastern to hock.
These knee boots are made to last and meet the demands of the toughest riders with an innovative design that helps protect your horse’s legs from injury. A large Velcro opening in the back allows for easy access to the horse’s back, legs, or bottom line and are made to fit horses up to 16 hands and weighing 1000 pounds.
They’re are made from 100% neoprene and come with a hook-and-loop band for easy on and off. Tested, approved, and used by AQHA/NRHA Champions Carol Rose, Todd Sommers, and Don Murphy, these boots offer excellent protection and remain in place even under stressful riding conditions.
3. Back on Track Therapeutic Knee Boots – Best for Injury Recovery & Prevention
The Therapeutic Knee Boots are designed to provide knee support and can be used for both recovery and prevention of knee injuries. They consist of a neoprene exterior, which is infused with the state-of-the-art Welltex fabric, which contains ceramic powder. The ceramic reflects your horse’s body heat and creates a soothing far infrared thermal warmth. Warmth therapy is a well-recognized method used to help relieve, rehabilitate and heal injured muscles, joints & tendons. Contoured to the shape of the knee, the boots fastens with Velcro straps allowing you to adjust the fit.
4. Tough-1 Ice Therapy Knee/Hock Wrap – Best for Reducing Inflammation
The Tough-1 Ice Therapy Knee/Hock Wrap is a medical grade ice compression wrap that will help reduce swelling and pain associated with a recent injury or from a past injury. Compressions of this wrap can help reduce inflammation and ease the pain of an injured joint, ligament, or tendon.
The wrap is made of 100% soft gel ice cells that allow for an easy fit around the knee or hock of the horse. It can also be used on any other area that may be inflamed or painful.
This wrap features a non-stick, soft gel ice cell that allows for easy shape to fit around the knee or hock of the horse to help treat swelling and inflammation from a recent injury and also provides comfort to a horse with weak ligaments from an injury sustained in his past.
5. Intrepid International Neoprene Knee Boots – Best for Breathability
If your horse needs an extra layer of protection when traveling or even if he just likes to kick up his heels, the Intrepid International Neoprene Knee Boots are the answer. The boots are made with a breathable neoprene that helps keep horses’ legs cool and comfortable. When the horse wears them, his legs will be protected from bumps and bruises. The boots adjust to fit most horses with hook and loop closures around the top of its hooves. Each pair of Intrepid International Neoprene Knee Boots comes with instructions on fitting it to your horse’s hooves.
These boots are also breathable and non-slip to ensure that your horse is comfortable, and they have an outer surface that is soft and pliable. Designed specifically for use with horses, these knee boots will help to protect your horse’s knees during travel or training sessions.
- Price: Check Price
- Look for a strong, flexible, waterproof, breathable leather.
- Look for good grip — the less slip-off you have to worry about, the better.
- Look for a pair that’s soft and comfortable for your horse but also one that offers some protection.
- Make sure that the boots don’t slip on the ground when you’re riding your horse.
- Look for knee boots for horses that have a wide, stable platform.
- Look for knee boots that are comfortable and won’t rub or cause the horse any pain.
- The strapping should be strong and fit snugly around the horse’s leg.
- The knee boots should be made from a material that’s good for the horse.
- Look for a durable material that can withstand the rigors of daily use.
Why do I need knee boots for my horse?Knee boots are a good tool for horse riders to have in their kit. They are designed to protect the rider and the horse from any injuries that may occur but they are also designed to protect the rider from slipping off the back of the horse when it’s galloping.
Knee boots for horses are designed to protect the animal’s knees from the elements. It’s important to choose the right knee boots for your horse. Knee boots for horses have a variety of advantages for both the horse and the rider. Knee boots for horses are designed to be comfortable and durable. They accommodate the large muscles of the horse’s legs and are made from a variety of materials such as leather, nylon, and mesh.