When it comes to owning a horse, whether you’re just a beginner or an advanced horse owner, it’s important to take steps to ensure that the animal is comfortable and safe. One of the ways to do this is to make sure that you can check his temperature at any time.
In this blog post, we’ll cover the top 5 horse thermometers on the market for you. We’ve also included a detailed buyer’s guide with information on what to look for when buying a thermometer for your horse.
- Pavia Fast Rectal Thermometer is the best value for your money.
- Hurinan Animal Electronic Pet Digital Thermometer – Best for Taking Temperature Rectally.
- MINDPET-MED Pet Clinic Thermometer – Best for Memory Recall.
- SHARPTEMP-V Veterinary Thermometer – Best for Versatile Use.
- Aurynns Horse Anus Thermometer Fast Digital Veterinary Thermometer – Best for Reliability.
Our Top Overall Pick
- Hurinan Animal Electronic Pet Digital Thermometer is our pick based on value, durability and utility.
|Hurinan Animal Electronic Pet Digital Thermometer||Check Price|
|Pavia Fast Rectal Thermometer||Check Price|
|MINDPET-MED Pet Clinic Thermometer||Check Price|
|SHARPTEMP-V Veterinary Thermometer||Check Price|
|Aurynns Horse Anus Thermometer Fast Digital Veterinary Thermometer||Check Price|
Top 5 Best Horse Thermometers
1. Hurinan Animal Electronic Pet Digital Thermometer – Best for Taking Temperature Rectally
- The Hurinan Animal Electronic Pet Digital Thermometer is the most trusted brand in the industry with exceptional customer services.
- This thermometer enables the user to get an exact rectal temperature of their animal faster than any traditional thermometer.
- This thermometer is easy to use and easy to clean.
- The temperature reading can be switched between Centigrade and Fahrenheit.
- This thermometer is versatile and can be used for any pet.
- Price: Check Price
The Hurinan electronic Pet digital thermometer is a well-known thermometer for an effective and accurate temperature reading of horses. This gadget is small and simple to use. It can be used to obtain the rectal temperature of all the big and small animals like cats, dogs, and horses. The rectal temperature of the horse is obtained by using a small 3-inch-long probe. The process is quite simple. Place the temperature head in the anus of the animal and start measuring the temperature. The buzzer prompts after the temperature measurement is completed.
The temperature can be switched between centigrade and Fahrenheit quite easily. This device saves a lot of money and time for the pet owner. Also, it saves the owner from the stress of calling a clinician to check their horse’s temperature. The exteriors of the thermometer are smooth and strong and don’t require a probe cover.
Also, the thermometer is powered by a battery and shows the rectal temperature to +/- 0.2 degrees Fahrenheit. The thermometer is waterproof and can also be disinfected using alcohol or soap. This product comes with a 90-day return policy.
- Shows a stable temperature.
- Switchable temperature from C to F and vice versa.
- Easy and safe to use.
- Suitable for many animals.
- Can be easily disinfected.
- Slow to administer temperature.
- The batteries are not strong.
2. Pavia Fast Rectal Thermometer – Best for Budget Shoppers
- The Pavia Fast Rectal Thermometer allows for accurate and effective temperature measurement in 6 seconds.
- The temperature measurement is stable.
- The thermometer has a versatile and ergonomic design for easy holding.
- It has a large, easy to view 4-piece LCD screen.
- It comes in various shapes for animals of different sizes.
- Price: Check Price
The Pavia Fast Rectal Thermometer allows you to take the temperature of your horse with ease. It can be used for different sized animals including horses, dogs, cats, and horses. It is specifically designed keeping in mind the comfort of rectal use. It has a comfortable shape to make the process much easier and simpler. It easily measures temperature within more or less than 6 seconds. The thermometer starts its function as soon you press a button.
Although the probe is not flexible, a non-petroleum lubricant with the product helps with tissue content for a more consistent reading. It reduces the stress of use with its simple design. This gadget is powered by regular batteries and is decently sized to reduce the chance of losing it inside the horse. The readings can be switched from Celsius to Fahrenheit. The exteriors of the thermometer are soft and sturdy. It can be disinfected very easily by using alcohol and soap.
The item is powered by two AAA sized ordinary batteries. This gadget has an ergonomic design and has versatile use. It gives an accurate and stable temperature reading. The previous readings are stored in the memory for later access. The product comes with a 90 days money-back guarantee.
- Versatile use.
- Comes in various shapes for comfortable use.
- Simple to the view screen.
- Easily and quickly measures temperature.
- Highly affordable.
- Not a waterproof thermometer.
3. MINDPET-MED Pet Clinic Thermometer – Best for Memory Recall
- The Pet Clinic Thermometer is a lightweight, quiet and non-invasive thermometer.
- This thermometer has an exceptional memory and can store up to 32 measurements.
- It has a light-up display and also the digits appear bigger than the average size for easy readability.
- This thermometer automatically alerts you if the temperature exceeds the normal range.
- The temperature can be easily switched from Centigrade to Fahrenheit and vice versa.
- Price: Check Price
If you have a horse or a pet who is quite apprehensive and you really do not want to test their patience, then you must go for the Pet Clinic Thermometer. It is an exceptionally lightweight, quiet, and non-invasive thermometer. The sound of the thermometer can be turned off to save the pet from fear or anxiety. It has a big light-up screen as well as a big font size that allows the user to read the results easily and quickly.
This thermometer has an exceptional memory and can save up to 32 measurements in the memory for later access and for comparisons. The device is quite versatile and can be used with many animals such as dogs, cats, horses, koalas, rabbits, pigs, etc. It allows the user to take the temperature of the horse without getting near to it because of its non-contact plan. So, it diminishes the danger of disturbing your horse.
This handy gadget allows the user to switch between Celsius and Fahrenheit, so he/she gets a result that they want and are familiar with. It also lets you know with an alarm if your horse is too hot or if the temperature exceeds a specific temperature. Also, there is no need of remembering the temperature as the previous temperature will pop up on the display. It is an ideal long-term temperature monitoring tool. Plus, it is a non-invasive thermometer, so the user does not have to insert anything anywhere.
- Ergonomic design.
- Memory recall for 32 results.
- Backlit display for better reading of the results.
- Additional air mode and object mode for the surface temperature and air temperature.
- Not as accurate as contact thermometers.
- Varied results.
4. SHARPTEMP-V Veterinary Thermometer – Best for Versatile Use
- The SHARPTEMP-V Veterinary Thermometer has a 5-inch stainless steel rounded tool that is safe for use on all pets and farm animals.
- It gives a fast and accurate reading in 10 seconds depending on the condition of use.
- The design of the device makes it an efficient device for both rectal and oral use in animals.
- The LCD is large and has a backlight for easy reading.
- The thermometer is flexible and rough to withstand daily use.
- Price: Check Price
The SHARPTEMP-V is undoubtedly one of the best thermometers for a horse. It can be used with other pets and farm animals too. This thermometer is versatile and rugged to withstand everyday rough usage. This gadget has a 5-inches long stainless-steel probe and has a rounded tip for easy use. It provides fast and efficient reading in 10 seconds. It features an audible beep that lets the user know when the accurate temperature is reached. The thermometer automatically switches off after 9 minutes of use.
The LCD is large and accounts for easy reading. It is a flexible and rough thermometer that provides you the precise temperature. The design of the gadget is appropriate for both rectal and oral usage. Additionally, it comes in three different probe lengths. It is a strong and rugged thermometer that is durable and easy to use. It can withstand knocks and bumps and the occasional droppings.
There is a battery replacement option available if your thermometer’s battery has run out. It comes with a useful guide printed on the back of the thermometer. It has a list of all the normal temperatures of the common pets and farm animals. It is a quite useful thing if you are not sure what you are really looking for.
- Tough and sturdy body design.
- Versatile and safe.
- Easy Use.
- Fast and accurate measurement.
- Auto shut-off.
- Reads the Fahrenheit temperature only.
- It may arrive faulty in use.
5. Aurynns Horse Anus Thermometer Fast Digital Veterinary Thermometer – Best for Reliability
- The Aurynns Horse Anus Thermometer Fast Digital Veterinary Thermometer is designed for providing a fast and accurate reading.
- It is designed to temperature through both oral and anus usage.
- The thermometer features an alarm system that goes off when the temperature exceeds the normal range.
- It is appropriate for both huge and little creatures including a number of pets, i.e. dogs, cows, cats, horses, etc.
- It is an extremely easy to use and clean gadget.
- Price: Check Price
The Aurynns Horse Anus Thermometer Fast Digital Veterinary Thermometer is a fast and accurate thermometer that measures temperature in 18 to 20 seconds with an accuracy of +/- 0.2. The thermometer switches off automatically to increase the life of the device. It is an easy to use thermometer even on apprehensive pets as it is extremely comfortable for both the user and the animal. It has a simple, ergonomic design, and a small LCD that shows the temperature reading.
There is an alert framework that goes off when the temperature exceeds the normal range. The ergonomic design of the thermometer makes it suitable for both rectal and oral use. This gadget can be used for little and huge creatures. Also, the thermometer switches off automatically to build the life of the gadget. All in all, it is a must-buy product that has amazing features on a limited budget.
- Readable LCD.
- The thermometer automatically shuts off to save battery.
- Easy to operate.
- Big in size.
The first aspect to bear in mind is the convenience of the product. Would you be able to use it easily? Would you be able to deal with it effectively? If the answer to these questions is yes, then buy that thermometer. You need something that is anything but difficult to deal with and conveys the temperature measurement fast and accurately.
Another significant factor while choosing a thermometer is its degree of precision, the capacity to give accurate and consistent readings. You do not want to take chances and risks when it comes to your dear horse or pet with regard to the internal heat level and the potential outcome it might have on them. So, pick something that is tried and tested and provide precise results.
Time is a very important aspect of life and you do not want to waste it playing the cat-and-mouse game with the device that is so important part of the medicinal services. Time really matters when there is a medical emergency or a fever even. It can be indicative of a number of possibilities ranging from mild to severe. Pick a thermometer that conveys temperature readings rapidly.
Units of Measurement
Check for a thermometer that switches between the units of measurement. Check if it allows you to alternate between Celsius and Fahrenheit. It is necessary for a better understanding.
The well-being of the user and the animal is very important. Mercury glass thermometers are referred to be unsafe and fragile. The thermometer that you pick needs to be tough and safe to use. The thermometer should have a proper plastic case for safe storage.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you use a human thermometer on a horse?
Any thermometer that is used on humans can also be administered on the horse. But, it’s useful to always get a separate one for your domestic animal just for safety and since they come outfitted with a string to connect to the horse’s tail.
What is a normal horse temperature?
An adult horse at rest should have a body temperature of 99 to 101.5 degrees Fahrenheit. Anything over that level can be indicative of a functioning disease. However, the normal temperature range for a foal is 99.5 – 102.1 degrees Fahrenheit.
What does a healthy horse should look like?
A healthy horse’s legs should be clean and liberated from any knots or knocks. At the point when you are grooming your horse, it is a good idea to look at his legs for any indications of warmth, torment, growing, or cuts and knots on the skin. A healthy horse will have streaming, free development, and won’t give any indications of weakness or sporadic steps.