Horse riding gloves are used for three reasons. Firstly, they provide protection for the rider’s hands in the event of a fall. Secondly, they provide a level of grip for the reins which aids in providing control of the horse. Lastly, in colder climates a good pair of gloves can keep your hands significantly warmer and dryer making for a much more comfortable riding experience. These gloves are usually made from a combination of leather and nylon and are available for both men and women.
To find the best horse riding gloves for your needs, there are many things you need to consider; these include how much you want to spend, where you will be riding your horse, your hand size and comfort. Whether you are looking to buy your first pair of gloves or just want to get something better than your current pair, it is important to choose the right pair of horse riding gloves.
- Finger Ten Horse Riding Gloves is the best value for your money.
- Heritage Performance Gloves – Best for Durability.
- Finger Ten Horse Riding Gloves – Best for Comfort.
- FitsT4 Horse Riding Gloves – Best for Secure Fitting.
- Mashfa Ladies Gloves – Best for Women.
- Ovation Horse-Riding Gloves – Best for Children.
Our Top Overall Pick
- Heritage Performance Gloves is our pick based on value, durability and utility.
|Heritage Performance Gloves||Check Price|
|Finger Ten Horse Riding Gloves||Check Price|
|FitsT4 Horse Riding Gloves||Check Price|
|Mashfa Ladies Gloves||Check Price|
|Ovation Horse-Riding Gloves||Check Price|
Top 5 Best Horse Riding Gloves
1. Heritage Performance Gloves – Best for Durability
- The Heritage performance gloves are made using synthetic leather, nylon spandex and PVC material.
- The patented rein cut design of the gloves help with the grip.
- These gloves are great fit for use in all weather conditions.
- The double stitch design of the gloves ensures durability and high performance.
- These gloves can be used by the professionals as well as by the beginners.
- Price: Check Price
The Heritage brand itself is well-known for its quality and attention to the details of the products they manufacture. The fit and finish of their products are admirable. The heritage performance gloves have the sleekest design. The gloves are lightweight and versatile in use. The gloves are made using synthetic leather for high strength. However, there are two other material used in the construction of the gloves, i.e., nylon spandex and PVC that ensure good elasticity and ventilation.
The gloves have got a patented rein cut design that works really well and allows the rider to have plenty of grip on the reins. These gloves are designed with extreme diligence and attention to give the best riding experience to the users. The meticulous double outward seam ensures durability and comfort. They also have hand-size adjustable straps for the perfect fitting.
Along with high quality performance, these gloves also have great look. They come in different colors to suit the need and preference of the user. The gear of the gloves is made up of Spandura material that is quite comfortable and stretchable. All in all, these gloves are best for use by the professionals or even the trainees.
- These gloves fit comfortably.
- These gloves are durable.
- Lightweight and versatile.
- The stitching becomes loose after hard use.
2. Finger Ten Horse Riding Gloves – Best for Comfort
- Finger Ten gloves are made from Serino fabric, which is stretchable in four ways.
- The forefinger and thumb are reinforced with double leather for good grip of reins.
- The wrist material is made with elastic for good fitting.
- The gloves are available in 3 colors.
- These gloves come with 30-day return policy.
- Price: Check Price
If you want horse riding gloves that are comfortable, but also fit well then Finger Ten gloves should be on your list. These gloves are made for children, both girls and boys. But if you have small hands and like the design of these gloves then you can wear them too.
These gloves are made with stretchable material that is very breathable. The back of all the gloves is black while the face comes in three colors (blue, black and grey). There is a mesh cover on the back, which doesn’t allow your hands to be sweaty. The forefinger and the thumb have reinforced double leather. These allow a person to hold the reins without hurting your hands. The material at the wrists is elastic for optimal fitting. The brand logo is embroidered on the closure flap at the wrists. These gloves are also anti-slip. If you don’t like the gloves when you receive them, you can also return them within 30 days without any fuss.
- These gloves are very durable.
- They are very stretchable and fit well.
- They are multipurpose.
- They are available in 3 colors.
- The gloves are comfortable and breathable.
- They are only for kids.
- They are not waterproof.
3. FitsT4 Horse Riding Gloves – Best for Secure Fitting
- FitsT4 gloves are made with Lycra fabric for good elasticity.
- They are suitable for both men and women.
- They are durable, stretchable and breathable.
- The thumb, forefinger and pinky have PVC dot pattern for good pattern.
- The hook-and-loop closure at the wrists is made for personalized fit.
- Price: Check Price
The FitsT4 gloves are made with elastic fibre, Lycra and a combination of nylon and spandex for stretchability and good fit. They are very comfortable to wear and also very breathable. They are only made for men and women. They are ideal for horse riding, but can also be worn for other outdoor activities.
There is PVC dot pattern on the forefinger, pinky and thumb. This allows the grip to be very secure when you hold the reins. The closure at the wrists is hook-and-loop type. The elastic fit allows the gloves to fit snugly. The gloves are designed to look slim with no extra trim on the fingers. They only come in black color which would appeal to many people. They also come in four different sizes (small, medium, large and extra-large).
- The design is stylish.
- The gloves are durable and comfortable to wear.
- They are ideal for horse riding.
- The PVC dot pattern allows good grip.
- They come in four different sizes.
- The material is thin.
4. Mashfa Ladies Gloves – Best for Women
- Mashfa gloves have ambidextrous design.
- They are only made for women.
- These lightweight gloves are very comfortable to wear.
- There is reinforcement in the areas that comes in contact with the reins.
- They are designed to be worn in all seasons.
- Price: Check Price
If you are one of those ladies who can’t find gloves that fit them well then we think your search will end here. These gloves are especially designed for women. The material at the wrists is elasticised for good fit. The inside of the gloves is lined with soft cloth. Your hands will be warm and comfortable in the gloves.
The gloves are reinforced at the places that come in contact with reins. This also allows the grip to be secure. Now you can enjoy horse riding for hours without feeling any discomfort. The palm of the gloves is made with Ammara fabric. The material is durable and will not give away on you. The backhand of the glove is made with Foreway fabric which is very breathable. You can wear these gloves in all seasons without worrying about heat, cold or sweat.
These gloves come in only black color so the dirt won’t show on them as much. But if you have to wash them, you can do it in the washing machine. They are machine washable. What we like a lot about these gloves is that they come with 1-year replacement warranty.
- These gloves are durable and very breathable.
- They are lined with soft material inside.
- The grip of the gloves is secure.
- They are especially designed for women.
- They come with 1-year replacement warranty.
- The size might be small for some women.
5. Ovation Horse-Riding Gloves – Best for Children
- Ovation gloves are only made for kids aged 4 to 14 years.
- They are available in five colors.
- They are made with durable fabric that is breathable.
- They are comfortable to wear.
- The closure is hook-and-loop type for secure grip.
- Price: Check Price
Ovation made these gloves only for kids. They are thick, soft and very comfortable. The material of that the gloves are made of is synthetic suede. Suede is a type of leather that is used in the making of various types of wearables. It is warm and durable.
These are ideal for horse riding. They come in a number of fun colors that will appeal to the taste of many girls and boys (blue, brown, pink and black). A heart and horse is embroidered at the closure flap. Your kids can wear them not just for horse riding but many other outdoor activities too. All the customers have had a very good experience with these gloves.
- They are made with durable material.
- They are soft and breathable.
- They come in different colors.
- They are lightweight.
- They are not backed by any warranty.
It is always important to know what you’re looking for when go out to shop for anything. Prior research saves your time and money from being wasted. But you don’t need to do that yourself. We have compiled a list of factors that you need to keep in mind whenever you shop for horse riding gloves. The following are what you need to consider:
Previously, all the riding gloves were made using high-quality leather. People stay prefer those but, they are now available in a variety of material with their benefits and drawbacks.
LeatherLeather is the most popular among all due to its durability and adaptability to the size and shape of the hands. It also keeps the hands warm in the winter. The only downside is that they can be expensive.
Synthetic LeatherThis material, to some extent, has the same benefits and features of leather however, they are a lot more affordable.
Spandex or LycraThis material allows for close-fitting. It gives the impression of not wearing any gloves at all however, they are not breathable and difficult to wear in summers.
Polyester MeshThis material is very thin, comfortable and breathable however, due to thinness they wear off pretty quickly.
CottonCotton offers high breathability and thinness however; they are not breathable and make the hand moist from the inside.
WoolThis material is mainly used for making children gloves. They have rubber or silicone grip dots on the palm. The only drawback is they get very cold very quickly.
It is very important for the gloves to be breathable, so they don’t cause your palms to sweat. The sweat makes your hand slippery and you won’t be able to hold the reins properly. Also, with no breathability and more sweat your gloves will not last longer.
You wear these gloves on your person. It is important for them to be stylish. The overall look of the gloves should match your style and personality. You can take care your horses and take them for a ride but in style. You can be comfortable and feel good about yourself at the same time.
It is almost a given that you require gloves when you go for riding your horse. But you should make sure that the gloves you bought are made of good material and will last longer. What good would be a pair of beautiful gloves if they tear up in the first week of you using them? They should at least give you your money’s worth.
A good pair of gloves ensure good grip as it will keep you safe during the horse ride. A good grip will make it easy for the rider to control the horse and strong friction with the reins makes the rider feel better.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the best horse riding gloves?
All the products here are best for something. Ovation gloves are ideal for kids while FitsT4 have a very secure fit if that’s what you are looking for. However, the best of them all, according to us, are Heritage performance gloves. They are light, breathable, durable and very comfortable to wear. They are ideal horse riding gloves.
Do you need gloves for riding horses?
Yes, gloves make sure that the circulation in your hands is appropriate for controlling the reins. They ensure that your grip on the reins is good no matter what the weather. It is extremely important to have riding gloves on for the following reasons.
- It prevents your hands from getting chapped or injured.
- Helps with the difficulty in holding reins.
- Saves you hand from weather extremes.
What is the right material for horse riding gloves?
The right material for horse riding gloves is leather. But, the right option may differ from person to person. Some people may not prefer wearing leather in summers. Others might choose synthetic leather or spandex for durability. Mesh is more breathable while synthetic leather is cheaper and durable.
We have tried our best to give you all the information about good horse riding gloves. Hopefully, you will be able to make a good decision. In this article we have included gloves for everyone. All of these horse riding gloves are durable and appropriate for horse riding.
If you are a woman and want gloves that fit you securely then we’d recommend Mashfa ladies gloves. If you want a pair of good gloves for your kid then check out Ovation or FitsT4 gloves. But if you are a man and want durable gloves then Heritage performance or Finger Ten gloves would be best. We wish you good luck.